Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to Corus World Health. This privacy statement summarizes how we collect and share visitors’ information through the Corus World Health website, including when you sign up for our newsletters, join our mailing list, apply for a job, or give us your personal information for any other reason when engaging with us. By visiting the Corus World Health website, you are accepting the practices described in this policy.
Information we may collect from you:
- Information you provide to us to create an account, make a donation, give a gift, sign up for our newsletters, join our mailing list, apply for a job, or engage with us in any other way that requires your identification, contact information, and financial details/payment transaction verification. Why do we do this? To contact you to confirm your account or payments.
- Profile data including your username and password, donations made by you, orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses, and your affiliated church/congregation (optional).
- Marketing and communication preferences about how you wish to hear from Corus World Health.
- Technical and usage data about how you access this website and how you use it. We collect this data by using cookies. A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables us to recognize your computer as you view different pages on our website, allowing us to give you a better website experience. Cookies allow us to store your preferences to present content and functions that are specific to you.
How do we use Personally identifiable information
Corus World Health may use the personal information you provide to:
- Contact you – either in response to a query or suggestion, or to mail newsletters, documents, publications, etc., to you;
Marketing and communications preferences about how you wish to hear from Corus World Health;
Manage and process your job application;
Confirm your donations/gift purchases and registrations on the site;
Obtain payment for donations/gift purchases through the site (via credit card);
“Remember” your online profile and preferences;
Use data analytics to improve our site.
Corus World Health may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Corus World Health or others.
What if I don’t want to provide personal information?
Providing personal information on the Corus World Health web site is optional. If you choose not to provide personal information, you can still browse and use the Corus World Health site, but you will not be able to carry out certain actions such as donating/gift purchasing, registering for a newsletter, or applying for a job.
Opting out and changing your information
Under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, you have the right to:
- Request access, correction, and erasure to your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of process your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent.
Please contact us to exercise any of the above rights. You can ask Corus World Health to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account, checking or unchecking relevant boxes to adjust your marketing preferences, or by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you, or by contacting us at any time.
Third Party Sites
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes of which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
International Data Transfers
For our constituents based in the European Economic Area (EEA), your personal data will be available across Corus World Health and may involve transferring your data outside the EEA. When applicable, whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- We use providers based in the US, and transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US.
Special note about information from children
Under no circumstances is our site directed to and/or intended for use by individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under age 13. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us so that we may delete it as soon as possible.
Notification of changes
This policy was last updated in May 2021. We may make changes to this policy as needed, and you will always be able to see when this policy was last updated. If we make significant changes in how or why we process your personal data, we will contact you directly with more information. We invite you to revisit this policy each time you consider giving your personal data to Corus World Health. If you have questions about this policy, please contact us.